Use Ticket Only to complete an Authorization Only (Auth Only) transaction, or an authorization that you completed over the phone.
For example, hotels may perform an Auth Only approval for a greater amount than the cost of a room. This amount is reserved on the card, but not charged. This means that the customer can add additional service costs to their bill that they can settle when they check out. On the VX520 you settle an Auth Only transaction by running a Ticket Only transaction.
- From the SoftPay home screen, press the leftmost purple key once to access the second menu screen. (The SoftPay home screen displays the Sale, Refund, and Void options.)
- Press F1 (Ticket Only).
- Use the keypad to type the amount to authorise, then press Enter.
- Press F1 (Yes) to confirm the the authorization amount.
- Swipe, dip, or tap the payment card on the terminal, or use the keypad to type the card number, then press Enter.
- Select the card type for the authorization:
- F1 (credit)
- Use the keypad to type the expiration date.
- Press Enter.
- F3 (EBT) – EBT is available only if you have the function enabled on your account
- F1 (credit)
- Use the keypad to type the Order Number for the sale. If there is no Order Number for the sale, type any number, then press Enter.
- Use the keypad to type the Auth Only or telephone approval code for the transaction.
- To print a customer copy of the receipt, press F1 (Yes).