While Chip and PIN cards will be the norm, some card-issuing banks have chosen to issue EMV cards with Chip and Signature. EMV-enabled terminals will read the chip on each card presented for payment and determine whether a PIN or signature is needed based on the card issuer.
Articles in this section
- Are credit card signatures required?
- Access One Merchant User Guide
- What is Apple Pay?
- What is the Personal Guarantee?
- How are EMV transactions different?
- Why do merchants have to worry about counterfeit, lost or stolen card fraud?
- What happens if merchants don’t upgrade their POS system to EMV?
- Who is enforcing EMV?
- Am I required to support EMV?
- What does the liability shift mean?