As recently card breaches at several large national retailers in the U.S. have illustrated, card fraud can be extremely costly and damaging to a brand. For a small business, such an incident could be catastrophic. In addition to minimizing the risk of fraud, merchants implementing EMV chip payments in neighboring countries, including Canada and Mexico, have reported significant decreases in fraudulent transactions.
Articles in this section
- I batched out without adding tips, what can I do?
- How do I get the full Credit Number for a transaction?
- Are credit card signatures required?
- Access One Merchant User Guide
- What is Apple Pay?
- What is the Personal Guarantee?
- How are EMV transactions different?
- Why do merchants have to worry about counterfeit, lost or stolen card fraud?
- What happens if merchants don’t upgrade their POS system to EMV?
- Who is enforcing EMV?