With EMV, customers will no longer hand over their payment card to a store associate or cashier for processing. Rather, a customer will keep the card in possession at all times. Instead of swiping the card, as traditional magnetic stripe cards allow, the customer will insert the card into the EMV reader and leave the card in the terminal until prompted to remove it.
Articles in this section
- I batched out without adding tips, what can I do?
- How do I get the full Credit Number for a transaction?
- Are credit card signatures required?
- Access One Merchant User Guide
- What is Apple Pay?
- What is the Personal Guarantee?
- How are EMV transactions different?
- Why do merchants have to worry about counterfeit, lost or stolen card fraud?
- What happens if merchants don’t upgrade their POS system to EMV?
- Who is enforcing EMV?