A payment application is anything that stores, processes or transmits card data electronically. Anything from a POS System to an e-commerce shopping cart that incorporate software to handle credit card data are all classified as payment applications.
Articles in this section
- How do I become PCI Compliant?
- What are the PCI compliance levels and how are they determined?
- If I only accept credit cards over the phone, does PCI still apply to me?
- My business has multiple locations; is each location required to validate PCI compliance?
- Are debit card transactions in scope for PCI?
- Am I PCI compliant if I have an SSL certificate?
- What are the penalties for noncompliance?
- What is defined as ‘cardholder data’?
- What is the definition of merchant?
- What constitutes a payment application?