EMV increases security and fraud protection against counterfeit, lost or stolen payment cards. EMV also enables interoperability with the global payments infrastructure. In other words, EMV cards can be used with any EMV-enabled terminal anywhere in the world.
Articles in this section
- Access One Merchant User Guide
- What is Apple Pay?
- What is the Personal Guarantee?
- How are EMV transactions different?
- Why do merchants have to worry about counterfeit, lost or stolen card fraud?
- What happens if merchants don’t upgrade their POS system to EMV?
- Who is enforcing EMV?
- Am I required to support EMV?
- What does the liability shift mean?
- What is the timing for EMV in the United States?