- Retailer must comply with the provisions of the Retailer Agreement and with the US Department of Agrigulcture Food and Nutrition Service FNS Food Stamp Program Guidelines.
- Retailers are not allowed to set a minimum dollar amount for an EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) transaction.
- Cardholder must enter their own PIN. Under no circumstances may a retailer or a retailer’s employee enter a cardholder’s PIN.
- The retailer must give the cardholder a printed receipt for each transaction. When a paper voucher is used, the cardholder must be given a copy of the voucher.
- Retailers must submit all EBT transactions on-line. Paper vouchers must be keyed into the terminal by a Voucher Clear transaction (Sale or Refund) within 10 days.
- Refunds made to Cash Accounts must be given in cash or store credit. There is no electronic transaction to issue a refund to a Cash Account.
- Refunds given to Food Stamp accounts must be given as a credit to the cardholder’s account.
Reference Site: https://help.clover.com/faq/what-are-some-guidelines-around-ebt/