No. Regardless of how the customer’s debit card is processed at the point of sale, you must not apply a fee to debit cards. To keep you compliant, VizyPay automatically detects when a debit card is entered and applies no fee.
Articles in this section
- Am I required to disclose the credit card fee to my customers?
- Can I add a credit card fee to card transactions?
- Can I assess a fee on both credit and debit card purchases?
- Can I pass on the credit card fee if a customer using a debit card presses the “credit button” on a terminal?
- Do I need to notify customers that my business will be passing on the credit card fees?
- How Does It Work?
- How long do I need to wait before I can pass on my credit card fees?
- Hybrid Program Signage
- I am a merchant who intends to pass on my credit card fees. What is the process I need to follow?
- Is there a limit to how much I can pass on to my customers?